In September I will be teaching AS level French again and I'm really looking forward to it.
A couple of years ago I wrote a blog post with lots of links to all of the topics.
Sadly, some of these links no longer work or are out of date.
So I decided to update each of the topics with a list of resources and articles.
I'm a great believer in sharing ideas and resources so if you use any of these resources, or find better ones, please let me know how successful they were.
More importantly, if you use them share them with your colleagues.
Today's list, then, is everything good I've found about Binge Drinking or, if you're a member of the Académie Française, la beuverie express.
- From Nice-Matin
- From pourquoidocteur.fr an article about energy drinks and binge drinking
- An article from Actu Santé which links binge drinking to agression, anxiety and depression.
- This is a good article from Terrafemina which claims that people who drink a lot are more popular.
- A "news story" about american reality TV "star", Scott Disick, who apparently "boit comme un trou".
- An article from digischool.fr about young people and alcohol. This page has some links to similar articles, too.
- Article "Sexe, drogue et alcool" from lematinal.com
- From Vin et Société, some statistics about young people and alcohol
- From docteurclic: Alcoolisme chez les jeunes. This has statistics, information and video clips.
- From crioc.be, a 43 page pdf document "jeunes et alcool" with lots of statistics. Exam boards like statistics!
- A page from the Canadian Health Ministry about alcohol abuse and young people
A French documentary about binge drinking.
Anti drinking campaign video
A list of more videos can be found here.
There are free resources on the TES website here and here. There are lots of KS4 alcool resources on TES which you could use to start the topic.
Sutton Academy's Fun with Languages site has some games and activities related to the topic here.
So there you go. Hopefully you'll find at least one useful thing among these links.
Enjoy the rest of the summer break.