Saturday 16 June 2012

French Radio London - an A level French resource

My keener 6th form students often ask me what they can do to improve their listening skills. I usually point them in the direction of the video pages on linternaute.com, tv5monde, ados.fr and even Francophone news clips on youtube.

I've known about French Radio London for a while and sometimes listen whilst marking students' work or planning lessons. Although based in London, France's 6th largest city, it is available everywhere on DAB and on the internet.

I'd never really looked at FRL's website and when I did recently I found that it could be very useful. 

As well as a French music playlist there are "listen again" features and interviews with important French politicians, actors and musicians and also film reviews.

It's ideal for AS and A2 students and teachers who want to keep au courant with all things French.

Later this month there will also be a 60 minute French music podcast. I'm really looking forward to this. 

No comments: