Tuesday 22 December 2009

Switching off.

Woohoo! It's the Christmas holidays.
School is finished.
There is nothing urgent I have to do.
Finally, I can relax.
Do nothing.
I can switch off.
Totally.

Or can I?

If that were true, why do I keep doing work-type things?
In the last 2 days...
I've made storybirds.
I've updated my department's wiki with some students' work and an Xtranormal greeting for the homepage.
I've spent ages looking into how I can get KS4 to use their mobile telephones in class.
I've just taken a look at some homework my year 8 and year 9 students have emailed me and emailed my thanks and encouragement back.
I'm working on my yr13 Scheme of Work, reading Ripon Grammar School's MFL site (really excited about the new Year 10 & 11 listening exercises), having a look at Ashcombe School's MFL resources for some inspiration as I haven't visited for a while, and I've been reading all the updates on the blogs listed below.
And later this evening, I'm hoping to find some time to read a bit more of Geoff Petty's Evidence-Based Teaching.

Can a teacher ever switch off?

No comments: